Contemporary Art at it’s best on the Gold Coast.
It was such a honor to be collaborating with leading Australian contemporary artists in the spectacular work Hotelling, Directed by David Pledge of Not Yet It’s Difficult.
To best understand this experience, read reviews and watch the video on the event page https://www.facebook.com/HotellingGoldCoast/
Performance Details as follows…
Hoteling: Down The Rabbit Hole
Friday 4th + Saturday 5th Nov
8pm – 11pm
Guests must be 18+
Hotelling: The Afternoon Playground
Saturday 5th Nov
1pm – 4pm
Ticket upgrades include “Friends & Benefits” packages with designer Accommodation and Food & Beverages by QT Gold Coast.
ARTISTIC PROGRAM DETAIL
Down the Rabbit Hole
Lose yourself in a down-the-rabbit-hole artistic rollercoaster, from the 22nd floor to the tennis courts this is some trip! Audiences will start their Hotelling experience in the penthouse before being guided in small groups around QT Gold Coast as they’re immersed in a series of boutique and many newly commissioned performances by artists such as;
• Nationally and internationally renowned media artist, Craig Walsh, whose projection art work, Future Mammal, will be taking up residence on the bottom of QT Gold Coast’s Swimming Pool.
• Moira Finucane is internationally acclaimed for her incendiary mix of provocation and entertainment. An Australian national treasure, who consistently and fearlessly shakes the boundaries of art, she is a magical realist writer, a volcanic performance artist and an eclectic and bold creator and director of extraordinary worlds; legendary salons, literary variety and intimate theatrical spectacles.
• The Farm, a Gold Coast based company with their roots in Berlin, who create contemporary performances that transcend expectations of what dance can be and how and where it should be viewed.
• Todd MacDonald, Artistic Director of Queensland’s Laboite Theatre who is also well known for his accomplished career as a stage, film and television actor and director (you may remember him from The Secret Life of Us, Neighbors and Rush). Todd will be making a special appearence in a performance called ‘The Crying Man’.
• Highly acclaimed composer, media artist and curator Lawrence English, will be creating a new site specific sound installation called Ghosts in the Machine, a totally immersive sonic experience that envelopes audiences in the sounds of a day in the life of QT Gold Coast.
And Kate Harman, Nadia Sunde, Shock Therapy Productions, Ellen Bailey, Kristian Santic, Byron Coathup, Alicia Min-Harvie, Jonny Haselam, Steph Pokoj and more.
The Afternoon Playground
From the penthouse, poolside and on the promenade, this is an opportunity to kick back, afternoon playground style and enjoy QT Gold Coast’s designer experience with your new artistic friends.
Indulge in offbeat artist led conversations and confessions, up close and personal with the one and only Moira Finucane and Tell Todd, Todd Tells… with Todd MacDonald, QuTe bike tours around Surfers Paradise led by performers Alicia Min-Harvie and Jonny Haselam, intimate cinema experiences in Driven In Drive In, in the back of QT’s classic 70’s custom-made FJ Holden panel van and one-on-one yogi snacks with Sam Foster.
The Afternoon Playground finishes with a loungeroom conversation in the Penthouse on ‘The Art of Hospitality’ with Adrian Carter Professor Architecture, Bond University, Moira Finucane and Kyle Slabb.